Nicholas Jacob Architects was formed in 1996 and are a RIBA Chartered practice. The key personnel are committed to the day to day running of the practice and take an active role in all projects. We are fortunate to have a loyal and experienced team together with an established client base allowing us to respond to projects of differing sizes and complexities across the East of England, London and South East England.
Our goal is always to meet our clients’ particular needs and we have demonstrated our capabilities time and again. We combine an award-winning creative approach with technical expertise to devise cost-effective, sustainable solutions which often balance the conflicting requirements of the brief, location, budget and planning restrictions, working within tight restraints and sometimes within a historical context. This design role extends from the original conception of ideas, through the planning process, to project implementation and architectural or interior management.
It is not unusual for us to work with specialist consultants. We have a huge network of contacts – highly experienced experts across a truly diverse range of fields. This helps us develop a true multidisciplinary service and achieve the quality results our clients should expect. As Chartered Architects we continue the tradition of being the project lead, to ensure that no level of the design is compromised.
Nicholas Jacob Architects offer our clients a full range of architectural services. These services, detailed below, are complimented by nearly 20 years of practice in the Eastern region from an experienced team of architects, technologists and technicians.
Our experience is extensive and covers both commercial and residential projects, these include:
- Community Based Projects – museums, theatres and halls.
- Private Houses – new build including one off and specialist design solutions, refurbishment, conversions – together with landscape and interior design.
- Historic Building Conservation – covering buildings of all ages; listed or scheduled ancient monuments, quinquennial inspections, conservation plans, heritage statements, impact assessments, heritage lottery applications and grant advice.
- Ecclesiastical Buildings – conservation, repair, re-ordering and extensions to churches and church halls.
- Housing Associations – new build and refurbishment, family and sheltered housing.
- Schools – new build, extensions and maintenance repairs.